Department of Legal Affairs
Legal Affairs is one of the key departments at South Sudan Pensions fund Department, headed by Legal Counsel, Mrs. Monica John Mojwok, who was appointed by the National Ministry of Justice.
As per the Transitional Constitution of the Republic of South Sudan 2011 as amended Part 8 article 135 (1,3) all Public Attorneys and Legal Advisors shall be under the National Ministry of Justice, and they shall advise all levels of government, represent them in public prosecution, litigation, adjudication and conduct pre-trial proceedings. They shall recommend law reform strive to protect public and private rights, advice on legal issues and they shall render legal aid.
The department of legal Affairs is responsible for the following functions
- Rendering legal opinions to the top management of the fund on the matters of civil nature.
- Representing the fund in court or in any other legal proceeding for or against it, making statements therein and submitting recommendations to the General Manager.
- Arbitrating and settling disputes between and others
- Representing the fund in all negotiations process leading to conclusion of such contracts/agreements and memorandum.
- Drafting contracts/agreements, Rules and regulations and any other documents related.
- Participating in drafting memorandums which might be signed between south Sudan Pensions Fund others.
- Performing any other functions and duties that may be assigned to it, or which are reasonably related to the forgoing activities.